Holiday Pistachio Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, walnuts and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in half of the whipped cream; spread over crust. Stir remaining confectioners' sugar into remaining whipped cream; refrigerate until serving.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and, if desired, chocolate curls. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Pistachio Dessert(10)
Sort By :
I've made this with chocolate pudding and with butterscotch too. Ive used pecan sandies and butter for the crust. Good recipe. I make it for alot of family gatherings
I use Pepper Ridge farm chess cookies for crust. Cuts my time in half and still tastes great!
This recipe has been around for ages. As far back as I can remember. My mother makes it every Christmas for the Adams Family gathering. It is a must have or she never hears the end of it.
I made this recipe for pot luck on St. Patrick day and every one loved, wanted to take it all home with them and wants the recipe, which I will share, I LOVED IT, so easy to make.
Kippendog, It's Bisquick. Can be purchase in any grocery store.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Irish Desserts >
- Irish Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >