- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, walnuts and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in half of the whipped cream; spread over crust. Stir remaining confectioners' sugar into remaining whipped cream; refrigerate until serving.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and, if desired, chocolate curls. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Pistachio Dessert
Sort By :
Really good! I used chopped pecans instead of walnuts. Really good! Definitely a keeper.
make it low fat! use neufchatel cream cheese, 1% milk & 1 1/2 cups fat- free vanilla GREEK yogurt, divided, to replace the whipped cream. still tastes great and you feel less guilty! also you can use graham crackers laid flat , to cut out the butter and replace the crust , but the walnuts are a must! just stir into cream cheese layer- which makes this a no-bake recipe as well!
My husband loves pistachio so I had to make this recipe. This is one of the better pistachio desserts there is!
My picky eater even likes these.
I've made this with chocolate pudding and with butterscotch too. Ive used pecan sandies and butter for the crust. Good recipe. I make it for alot of family gatherings