Holiday Pinwheel Cookies Recipe
Little helpers will have a blast helping to create these adorable pinwheels. They're an absolute cinch to make! —Karen Moore, Jacksonville, Florida
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons red colored sugar
- 3 tablespoons green colored sugar
- 1. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. On a floured surface, knead cookie dough and enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with red sugar. Tightly roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough and green sugar. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 91 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC