- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons red colored sugar
- 3 tablespoons green colored sugar
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. On a floured surface, knead cookie dough and enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with red sugar. Tightly roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough and green sugar. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/4 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Pinwheel Cookies
Sort By :
F likes them
I love the idea, the cookies were pretty good, but impossible to roll. Where did someone get the idea that little kids could do it?
We tried this recipe teice didnt like the way it rolled up. The idea is nice, but the execution was awful
No matter what I tried this dough would not roll :(
Awful! Doesn't work at all :(