Little helpers will have a blast helping to create these adorable pinwheels. They're an absolute cinch to make! —Karen Moore, Jacksonville, Florida
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons red colored sugar
- 3 tablespoons green colored sugar
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. On a floured surface, knead cookie dough and enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one portion on a sheet of waxed paper into a 12x7-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with red sugar. Using waxed paper, roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a short side, removing paper as you roll. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough and green sugar. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Pinwheel Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p13
Reviews for Holiday Pinwheel Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review