Holiday Peppernuts Recipe
We have many pecan trees in this part of the country, so I like to make recipes with the nuts. I usually make these cookies during the holidays. —Chandra Koehn, Rich Hill, Missouri
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon anise extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon, cloves and ginger
- 3 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and spices; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Add pecans; mix well. Shape into four 15-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 20 dozen.
2 each: 79 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Peppernuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC