Make spirits bright with a minty mocha to share under the mistletoe or around the piano. I’ve also stirred in coffee liqueur instead of peppermint. —Lauren Brien-Wooster, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Recommended: Top 10 Recipes for Fudge
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 8 packets instant hot cocoa mix
- 1-1/2 cups brewed espresso or double-strength dark roast coffee
- 3/4 cup peppermint schnapps liqueur or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract plus 3/4 cup additional brewed espresso
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Add cocoa mix; whisk until blended. Add espresso and heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in liqueur. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Peppermint Mocha in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Holiday Peppermint Mocha
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review