Holiday Peas Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup finely crushed wheat crackers
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Place peas in a large saucepan; add salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, toss the cracker crumbs, cheese and butter. Drain peas and place in a serving bowl; top with crumb mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 87 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Holiday Peas
"These were good not great. They did make the peas more appealing to non-pea eaters. I only used half of the cracker mixture. I felt it was a lot to put on top."
"This recipe is truly good, I added the wheat crackers but the crispy onions were requested as well. One good way to get peas eaten and there were no leftovers!!!!"
"Picky eaters loved this! So simple and yummy. I used seasoned "everything" Ritz crackers."
"Just a nice touch and really easy when making a big meal."
"I love these peas! Be sure to serve them HOT!"
"Very good, it converted me froma pea hater to a pea lover! So tasty, great topping!"
"Made this for Easter dinner and both kids & adults raved about it. Very easy to make."
"I served this on an weekday so it wasn't a holiday but we gave it a go! I didn't butter the peas or season them. The crumb topping did all that for me. It was good but the crumbs get mushy so it's best eaten right away.I used a veggie herb cracker by the way."
"this is also good way to serve broccoli.wonderful"