My mom used to 'dress up' peas with buttered cracker crumbs when I was little and it remains one of my favorite dishes. Just about any type of savory crackers can be substituted, including herb-flavored varieties. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup finely crushed wheat crackers
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place peas in a large saucepan; add salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, toss the cracker crumbs, cheese and butter. Drain peas and place in a serving bowl; top with crumb mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Peas in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p35
Reviews for Holiday Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review