- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup finely crushed wheat crackers
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place peas in a large saucepan; add salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, toss the cracker crumbs, cheese and butter. Drain peas and place in a serving bowl; top with crumb mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Peas
"These were good not great. They did make the peas more appealing to non-pea eaters. I only used half of the cracker mixture. I felt it was a lot to put on top."
"This recipe is truly good, I added the wheat crackers but the crispy onions were requested as well. One good way to get peas eaten and there were no leftovers!!!!"
"Picky eaters loved this! So simple and yummy. I used seasoned "everything" Ritz crackers."
"Just a nice touch and really easy when making a big meal."
"I love these peas! Be sure to serve them HOT!"