Holiday Peas and Rice Recipe
With all the fuss that goes into holiday meals, it's nice to find a side dish like this that's both satisfying and simple. The pimientos and peas nestle among rice delightfully seasoned with sage and chicken broth.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1. In a saucepan, saute rice and sage in butter until rice is lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add peas; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in pimientos. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1/2 cup: 115 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Peas and Rice
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2015
"beautiful side dish which taste great"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC