Holiday Peas and Rice Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1. In a saucepan, saute rice and sage in butter until rice is lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add peas; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in pimientos. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 115 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Peas and Rice
"beautiful side dish which taste great"