With all the fuss that goes into holiday meals, it's nice to find a side dish like this that's both satisfying and simple. The pimientos and peas nestle among rice delightfully seasoned with sage and chicken broth.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- In a saucepan, saute rice and sage in butter until rice is lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add peas; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in pimientos. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Peas and Rice in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p24
Reviews for Holiday Peas and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review