Holiday Peanut Bars Recipe
Oats, peanut butter and M&M's give this bar mass appeal. When I have free time, I often bake a pan and pop it in the freezer to take a future potluck or bake dale.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (12.6 ounces) peanut M&M's
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (bars will puff up slightly).
- 2. Meanwhile, set aside 1 cup M&M's; chop remaining M&M's. In a bowl, combine the milk, peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chopped M&M's. Pour over crust; carefully spread evenly. Sprinkle with reserved M&M's; gently press into peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 201 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Peanut Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC