- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (12.6 ounces) peanut M&M's
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (bars will puff up slightly).
- Meanwhile, set aside 1 cup M&M's; chop remaining M&M's. In a bowl, combine the milk, peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chopped M&M's. Pour over crust; carefully spread evenly. Sprinkle with reserved M&M's; gently press into peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Peanut Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p98
Reviews for Holiday Peanut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2011
"This is so crazy good. My boys loved them. We make them year round and call them "backpack" snacks. Next time I make them I'll see if I can upload a picture. : )"