Holiday Pasta Toss Recipe
Don't limit your preparation of pasta salad to summertime. Your family will find it a refreshing dish in winter as well. This recipe uses frozen spinach, so it's always in season. Plus, you can add other produce if you'd like.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the pasta according to package directions; drain. In the same pan, heat dressing and spinach over medium heat. Return pasta to pan and toss to coat. Sprinkle with poppy seeds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 227 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC