My mom and I make these delicate cookies every Christmas. Hazel nuts give a little different flavor from the usual pecans.Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
21 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Colored crystallized sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Blend in vanilla and almond
- extract. Gradually add flour and salt. Stir in nuts. Shape into
- 1-1/4-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly
- with fingers.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly
- browned. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, sprinkle with a mixture of
- confectioners' and colored sugar. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.