Holiday Nuggets Recipe
My mom and I make these delicate cookies every Christmas. Hazel nuts give a little different flavor from the usual pecans.—Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:21 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Colored crystallized sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Blend in vanilla and almond extract. Gradually add flour and salt. Stir in nuts. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with fingers.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, sprinkle with a mixture of confectioners' and colored sugar. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC