My mom and I make these delicate cookies every Christmas. Hazel nuts give a little different flavor from the usual pecans.—Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and sugar; add extracts. Gradually add flour and salt. Stir in nuts. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with fingers.
- Bake until the bottoms are lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Nuggets in Reminisce November/December 1991, p31
Reviews for Holiday Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review