- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Colored crystallized sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Blend in vanilla and almond extract. Gradually add flour and salt. Stir in nuts. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with fingers.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, sprinkle with a mixture of confectioners' and colored sugar. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Nuggets in Reminisce November/December 1991, p31
Reviews for Holiday Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review