Holiday Mushroom Appetizers Recipe
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter; drain and cool. In a bowl, combine the cheese spread, mayonnaise, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, mushroom mixture and remaining butter. Spread onto cut side of each muffin; cut each into eight wedges. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Mushroom Appetizers
"I thought these were really yummy! They were so easy to make. They were delicious hot from the oven and also good cold as they sat. I think the leftovers will heat up well. The cheese melts into the holes in the English muffin. I used real butter and I cut each muffin into four wedges- not eight like directed. I also used garlic powder and not salt, I thought the season salt and processed cheese was enough salt. I will make these again and again!"