Holiday Mushroom Appetizers Recipe
A friend served these wedges at an open house. With English muffins as a base, they're quick and convenient to make— and sure to be a hit with mushroom lovers in your crowd!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 5 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter; drain and cool. In a bowl, combine the cheese spread, mayonnaise, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, mushroom mixture and remaining butter. Spread onto cut side of each muffin; cut each into eight wedges. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC