A friend served these wedges at an open house. With English muffins as a base, they're quick and convenient to make— and sure to be a hit with mushroom lovers in your crowd!
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 English muffins, split
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter; drain and cool. In a bowl, combine the cheese spread, mayonnaise, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, mushroom mixture and remaining butter. Spread onto cut side of each muffin; cut each into eight wedges. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Mushroom Appetizers in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p23
Reviews for Holiday Mushroom Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review