- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 English muffins, split
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter; drain and cool. In a bowl, combine the cheese spread, mayonnaise, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, mushroom mixture and remaining butter. Spread onto cut side of each muffin; cut each into eight wedges. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Mushroom Appetizers
Sort By :
I thought these were really yummy! They were so easy to make. They were delicious hot from the oven and also good cold as they sat. I think the leftovers will heat up well. The cheese melts into the holes in the English muffin. I used real butter and I cut each muffin into four wedges- not eight like directed. I also used garlic powder and not salt, I thought the season salt and processed cheese was enough salt. I will make these again and again!