Holiday Miniatures Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Colored sugar and/or nonpareils
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 1-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar and/or nonpareils. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 10 dozen.
2 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Miniatures
"I make for Christmas 2008 and they were easy and made my cookie trays (which has about 20 different types of cookies ) look so much more delish! Friends look forward to my cookies every year! Thanks for a great recipe! Tinacrazy4cookies"