- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Colored sugar and/or nonpareils
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 1-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar and/or nonpareils. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Miniatures in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p44
Reviews for Holiday Miniatures
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2009
"I make for christmas 2008 and they were easy and made my cookie trays (which has about 20 different types of cookies ) look so much more delish! Friends look forward to my cookies every year! Thanks for a great recipe! Tinacrazy4cookies"