- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quartered red and/or green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and pecans. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Melting Moments in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p34
Reviews for Holiday Melting Moments
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2013
"Excellent cookies!! I was looking for the ones with cornstarch but thought i would try these..glad i did!!"