Holiday Macaroons Recipe
This recipe is great for the holidays especially at a cookie party.—Kristine Conway, Mogadore, Ohio
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups flaked coconut
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1. In a bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly until thick and pale yellow. Stir together dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture. Stir in butter, vanilla and coconut.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased and floured baking sheets. Top with cherries. Bake at 325° for 10-13 minutes. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC