- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium red apples, cubed
- 2 medium pears, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted cashews
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, corn syrup, onion, mustard and salt. Pour over romaine mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Holiday Lettuce Salad
"I made this exactly as written. Everyone says it's a keeper. Thank you Bryan for the delicious recipe."
"This was an awful salad. No one liked it."
"I think this chicken added to this dish would make a great main dish. Can't wait to try this recipe."
"This salad sounded wonderful, but was disappointed when I tasted it. The dressing was less than desirable. I think with a different dressing it would be much better."
"This was a true hit at our family Christmas gathering.Good taste combinations with the apples and pears and nuts.We did not have cashews so used pecans instead."