Holiday Lettuce Salad
My family always requests that I make this salad for get-togethers. It's light and very good; everyone goes back for seconds. —Bryan Braack, Eldridge, Iowa
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium red apples, cubed
- 2 medium pears, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted cashews
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, corn syrup,
- onion, mustard and salt. Pour over romaine mixture; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 144 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.