My family always requests that I make this salad for get-togethers. It's light and very good; everyone goes back for seconds. —Bryan Braack, Eldridge, Iowa
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium red apples, cubed
- 2 medium pears, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted cashews
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, corn syrup, onion, mustard and salt. Pour over romaine mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Holiday Lettuce Salad in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p41
Reviews for Holiday Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review