Holiday Lace Cookies
It's hard to stop eating these buttery cookies dotted with pecans and dried cranberries. I cherish this recipe from my mother.
48 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup. Gradually beat in flour and mix
- well. Fold in pecans and cranberries. Shape dough into two 6-in.
- logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours or until
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased
- foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or
- until center and edges are browned and lacy. Allow cookies to cool
- completely before carefully removing from foil. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.