- 2/3 cup blanched almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add flour, granulated sugar and salt; pulse until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and water. Add to almond butter mixture, and pulse until dough forms. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Divide dough into fourths. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8-in. circle. Sprinkle with pecans and cranberries; lightly press into dough. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end; place point side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents.
- Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Carefully roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Kipferl Cookie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p184
Reviews for Holiday Kipferl Cookie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review