Holiday Hot Fruit Compote Recipe
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the apples, pineapple, pears and peaches. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Stir into fruit mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 131 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 0g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Holiday Hot Fruit Compote
"I realize the recipe doesn't say the serving size, but we only got 6 servings, not 12. Also, it was very watery (yes, I thoroughly drained the fruit cans!). I thought the taste was okay, but nothing to write home about - I'd prefer to just eat the fruit plain in this case. I made this days ago and half of it is still sitting in the fridge - no one wants it. Maybe I'll dress it up with some whipped cream to get someone to eat it for a dessert."
"Excellent! My fussy daughter-in-law even loved it!"
"I came upon this receipe while looking for something else, and tried it. It has become a family favorite! It makes plenty and is great with anything on cold winter nights. Also great for holiday gatherings and potlucks. Served warm with ice cream or cold with brunch, we LOVE it!"