"I threw this warm fruit dish together one Thanksgiving when I needed an additional side dish," Lisa Sharman says of her tangy combination of fresh apples and canned fruit. "It was such a hit that I'm still asked to bring it to family gatherings," she writes from Helena, Alabama.
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the apples, pineapple, pears and peaches. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Stir into fruit mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fruit Compote in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p29
Reviews for Holiday Hot Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review