Holiday Hot Drink Mix Recipe
This is a great mix to have in the cupboard for cold wintry days. Using strawberry drink mix instead of chocolate makes it fun for kids of all ages. For gifts, put it in a pretty jar and attach directions to fix one serving.—Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: YIELD:15 servings
- 2-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups white or pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup strawberry or chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1/3 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch):
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 cups of mix makes 15 drinks.
- 2. To prepare hot drink: Dissolve 1/3 cup mix in boiling water; stir well. Yield: 1 serving.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC