Holiday Hot Drink Mix Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups white or pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup strawberry or chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1/3 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch):
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 cups of mix makes 15 drinks.
- To prepare hot drink: Dissolve 1/3 cup mix in boiling water; stir well. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Holiday Hot Drink Mix
Sort By :
"I'm so thankful I found this recipe again online. I made it a few years ago, but forgot what book it was in (I have hundreds). I thought it was great, and made more for gifts. It's easy to make, and keeps well. Very tasty, definitely something different than hot chocolate or coffee."
"I tried this mix this year for the first time. It's a nice warming winter drink, and what a fun color! I do think that the strawberry flavor could be punched up a little, but don't think I would necessarily add more of the strawberry drink mix. I was thinking of adding a small amount of unsweetened Kool-Aid® powder in the strawberry flavor. Another thing that might help would be to add a little powdered vanilla to the mix. It's very good, really warming, but it just seems to me to need a little bit more flavor."