Holiday Hominy Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 5 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) yellow hominy, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, seasoned salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Place hominy in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over hominy. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Holiday Hominy
"I like that this holiday dish uses one of out truly American foods. It was delicious!"