Holiday Hominy Recipe
I was looking for an attractive holiday dish that didn't repeat the red of beets, the orange of yams or the green of broccoli. So I developed this one, featuring the glow of golden hominy.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 5 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) yellow hominy, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, seasoned salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Place hominy in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over hominy. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Hominy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC