Holiday Hash Brown Bake Recipe
With the chopped red and green peppers, this dish is perfect for Christmastime. And you don't have to worry about leftovers—there never seem to be any.—Russell Moffett, Irvine, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2 packages (2 pounds each) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 5 cups (20 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 24 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 209 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC