- 2 packages (2 pounds each) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 5 cups (20 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Hash Brown Bake
Sort By :
I love this recipe & have made it many times for our big family gatherings. It is perfect if you just half everything and make one dish instead of two. I do put my peppers and onions in a bowl in the microwave and cook a bit until slightly tender because they seem to be a bit crunchy even after the casserole bakes all that time. It's even good warmed up--if you have any left.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >