When I was a young girl, ham make appearances at all of our holiday dinners. The old-fashioned flavor reminds folks of Grandma's kitchen.
—Betty Butler, Union Bridge, Maryland
18-20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 spiral-sliced fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place ham on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan. Secure pineapple and cherries to ham with toothpicks.
- Combine brown sugar and seasoned salt; rub over ham. Gently pour
- pineapple juice over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Baste
- frequently with brown sugar mixture. Yield: about 18-20 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer