Holiday Ham with Pineapple Recipe
My husband and I have lots of family living in our area, so any gathering is bound to be big. This ham satisfies everyone and is often requested. One of my brothers-in-law will eat six slices of this ham before helping himself to anything else. We never have leftovers. -Sue Jackson-Tucker, Sunset, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/2 hours YIELD:24-28 servings
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (12 to 14 pounds), spiral-cut or thinly sliced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pineapple juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 20 to 30 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1. Place ham in a roasting pan. Slowly pour pineapple juice over ham so it runs between slices. Spoon pineapple over ham. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cloves. Add raisins to pan juices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Discard cloves. Cover and bake ham at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting every 20 minutes. Yield: 24-28 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 348 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,322 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC