My husband and I have lots of family living in our area, so any gathering is bound to be big. This ham satisfies everyone and is often requested. One of my brothers-in-law will eat six slices of this ham before helping himself to anything else. We never have leftovers. -Sue Jackson-Tucker, Sunset, Utah
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (12 to 14 pounds), spiral-cut or thinly sliced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pineapple juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 20 to 30 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Slowly pour pineapple juice over ham so it runs between slices. Spoon pineapple over ham. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cloves. Add raisins to pan juices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard cloves. Cover and bake ham at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting every 20 minutes. Yield: 24-28 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Ham with Pineapple in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p33
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Holiday Ham with Pineapple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review