Holiday Ham Kabobs Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (1-inch cubes)
- 1. Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a saucepan, combine the juice, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- 2. Place sweet potatoes in another saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- 3. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sweet potatoes, green pepper, ham and pineapple. Brush with brown sugar mixture. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until heated through and peppers are tender, basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 442 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Ham Kabobs
"What makes this dish amazing is the sauce. I also added zuchinni and used kobassa sausage instead of ham. I have a barbeque yearly for my tenants and this is their fav dish and is requested by all!!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer