- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (1-inch cubes)
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a saucepan, combine the juice, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes in another saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sweet potatoes, green pepper, ham and pineapple. Brush with brown sugar mixture. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until heated through and peppers are tender, basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Ham Kabobs in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p13
Reviews for Holiday Ham Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2012
What makes this dish amazing is the sauce. I also added zuchinni and used kobassa sausage instead of ham. I have a barbeque yearly for my tenants and this is their fav dish and is requested by all!!