Holiday Ham Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 spiral-sliced fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Secure pineapple and cherries to ham with toothpicks. Combine brown sugar and seasoned salt; rub over ham. Gently pour pineapple juice over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Baste frequently with brown sugar mixture. Yield: about 18-20 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Holiday Ham(9)
Sort By :
I didn't use a spiral ham, but I don't think it mattered. Turned out moist and very flavorful. Will never use the flavor packets that come with certain ham, this glaze was so easy. Impressive!
This ham was amazing! I didn't use the cherries and instead of rubbing with the sugar and salt I mixed the pinneaple juice with it and poured it over the ham. I also basted once every 30 minutes during cooking. Loved it!
I made this ham for Easter and it was great. But I must say this, I bought a spiral ham which came with a glaze so I followed the recipe exactly and added the glaze that came with it. My family and friends loved it
Had people that dont like ham, try it and came back for seconds! Awesome recipe.
not sure if I ha a "spiral-sliced" ham, but this recipe was delicious. I usually don't like ham but this cut down on its usual salty flavour. thanks for sharing would serve to a crowd. two thumbs up.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >