- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 spiral-sliced fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Secure pineapple and cherries to ham with toothpicks. Combine brown sugar and seasoned salt; rub over ham. Gently pour pineapple juice over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Baste frequently with brown sugar mixture. Yield: about 18-20 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Holiday Ham
"The best ham recipe I have ever tried! This is a keeper....from now on, this is the ham I will serve every Christmas! Thank you!"
"Ham came out perfect will use again"
"Very delicious. Received rave reviews from those who are "picky about ham"."
"I didn't use a spiral ham, but I don't think it mattered. Turned out moist and very flavorful. Will never use the flavor packets that come with certain ham, this glaze was so easy. Impressive!"
"This ham was amazing! I didn't use the cherries and instead of rubbing with the sugar and salt I mixed the pinneaple juice with it and poured it over the ham. I also basted once every 30 minutes during cooking. Loved it!"