Holiday Gumdrop Cookies Recipe
MAKING these cookies, I feel I'm keeping my mother's Christmas spirit alive. They were her special treat each year at holiday time. These cookies are great for keeping children busy - they can cut up the gumdrops and eat all the black ones (they turn the dough gray). -Letah Chilston, Riverton, Wyoming
- 1-1/2 cups spice gumdrops
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cut gumdrops into small pieces; place in a bowl. Add walnuts, raisins and 1/4 cup flour and toss to coat.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat shortening and brown sugar until blended. Beat in egg, then buttermilk. In another bowl, whisk remaining flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into shortening mixture. Stir in gumdrop mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 7 dozen.
1 cookie equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Gumdrop Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC