Holiday Green Salad
The combination of crisp veggies, a well-seasoned dressing and dried cranberries can't be beat, believes Rita Farmer of Houston, Texas. "It's a refreshing salad to make for a luncheon or an evening meal," she notes.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine greens, onions and celery. In a small bowl,
- combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, hot pepper sauce and salt;
- mix well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Add cranberries and
- almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.