Holiday Green Salad Recipe
The combination of crisp veggies, a well-seasoned dressing and dried cranberries can't be beat, believes Rita Farmer of Houston, Texas. "It's a refreshing salad to make for a luncheon or an evening meal," she notes.
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine greens, onions and celery. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, hot pepper sauce and salt; mix well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Add cranberries and almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 99 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Green Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC