The combination of crisp veggies, a well-seasoned dressing and dried cranberries can't be beat, believes Rita Farmer of Houston, Texas. "It's a refreshing salad to make for a luncheon or an evening meal," she notes.
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine greens, onions and celery. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, hot pepper sauce and salt; mix well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Add cranberries and almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Green Salad in Country Woman September/October 1998, p40
Reviews for Holiday Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review