Holiday Green Beans
"To make my green beans more festive for the holidays, I add dried cranberries," notes field editor Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. "The touch of sweet honey complements the orange peel and tart cranberries."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cook the green beans according to package directions, adding the
- orange peel during cooking; drain. Add the cranberries, bacon and
- honey; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.