Holiday Glazed Baked Ham Recipe
I've made this ham many times over the years for my children and grandchildren. They're all very fond of it. Honey, brown sugar and pan juices create a succulent glaze.—Savannah Square, Mary Padgett, Savannah, Georgia
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (10 to 12 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup honey
- 1 can (16 ounces) pineapple slices, drained
- 1. Remove skin from ham; score the surface, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Insert a clove in every other diamond; set remaining cloves aside.
- 2. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the onion, garlic, oregano, basil and pepper; pat onto ham. Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and parsley; sprinkle over top of ham. Pour ginger ale around ham.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, basting often.
- 4. Remove ham from pan; set aside. Drain pan juices, reserving 3 tablespoons. For glaze, combine honey, remaining brown sugar and reserved pan juices in a small bowl.
- 5. Increase oven temperature to 400°. Return ham to pan. Insert remaining cloves into ham. Spoon half of the glaze over ham. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 6. Place pineapple on ham; drizzle with remaining glaze. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 30 servings.
1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 291 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,030 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC