Holiday Glazed Baked Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (10 to 12 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup honey
- 1 can (16 ounces) pineapple slices, drained
- 1. Remove skin from ham; score the surface, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Insert a clove in every other diamond; set remaining cloves aside.
- 2. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the onion, garlic, oregano, basil and pepper; pat onto ham. Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and parsley; sprinkle over top of ham. Pour ginger ale around ham.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, basting often.
- 4. Remove ham from pan; set aside. Drain pan juices, reserving 3 tablespoons. For glaze, combine honey, remaining brown sugar and reserved pan juices in a small bowl.
- 5. Increase oven temperature to 400°. Return ham to pan. Insert remaining cloves into ham. Spoon half of the glaze over ham. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 6. Place pineapple on ham; drizzle with remaining glaze. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 30 servings.
1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 291 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,030 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Glazed Baked Ham
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer