Holiday Gingerbread Cupcakes Recipe
With heartwarming molasses, allspice and cinnamon, these cupcakes taste like the holidays! —BugzBunny, Taste of Home Online Community
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, egg whites and egg until well blended. Add applesauce and molasses; mix well. In a small bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt; gradually beat into applesauce mixture until blended.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Just before serving, top each cupcake with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Yield: 21 cupcakes.
1 cupcake equals 189 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Holiday Gingerbread Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC