- cut into desired shapes. Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to
- wire racks to cool.
- For icing, stiff confectioners' sugar and meringue powder into a
- large bowl. Add water; beat on low speed until blended. Beat on high
- for 5-6 minutes or until soft peaks form. Place a damp paper towel
- over bowl and cover tightly until ready to use.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert
- round tip. Fill bag with 1 cup icing. Outline each cookie with
- icing. Tint remaining icing with food coloring if desired. Add
- water, a few drops at a time, until mixture is thin enough to flow
- smoothly. Prepare additional pastry or plastic bags with thinned
- icing. Fill in cookies, letting icing flow up to the outline.
- Let cookies dry at room temperature overnight. With food coloring and
- small new paintbrush, paint designs on dry icing. Store cookies in
- airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 208 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.