- extract if desired. Stir in the almonds, cherries, candied lemon and
- orange peel and raisins (dough will be slightly sticky).
- Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about
- 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into
- thirds. Roll each portion into a 15-in. x 8-in. oval. Melt remaining
- butter. Brush each oval with 1 tablespoon butter and sprinkle with 2
- teaspoons of the remaining sugar. Fold a long side of oval to within
- 1/2 in. of the opposite side; press edges lightly to seal. Place in
- parchment-lined or lightly greased baking sheets. Curve ends
- slightly. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with
- remaining melted butter; remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over stollen. Yield: 3 loaves
- (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 327 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.