Holiday Fruitcake Bars
My family prefers these scrumptious squares to the larger, more traditional fruitcake. Since they're so quick and simple to make, I always include several batches in my annual holiday baking spree.
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 120 wafers)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with
- wafer crumbs. Arrange pecans and fruit over crumbs; press down
- gently. Combine milk and vanilla; pour evenly over fruit. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.