Holiday Fruit Soup Recipe
- 1 pound mixed dried fruit (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup small pearl tapioca
- 6 cups water, divided
- 5 apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the fruit, tapioca and 4 cups water. Cover and let stand overnight.
- 2. Stir in the apples, sugar and remaining water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tapioca is transparent. Add additional water if necessary. Serve warm or cold with a dash of cinnamon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 260 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Fruit Soup
"In addition to the fruit used here, we also use dried apricots, dates, figs, raisins, and use cinnamon sticks."