Holiday Fruit Soup Recipe
- 1 pound mixed dried fruit (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup small pearl tapioca
- 6 cups water, divided
- 5 apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the fruit, tapioca and 4 cups water. Cover and let stand overnight.
- 2. Stir in the apples, sugar and remaining water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tapioca is transparent. Add additional water if necessary. Serve warm or cold with a dash of cinnamon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 260 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Fruit Soup
"In addition to the fruit used here, we also use dried apricots, dates, figs, raisins, and use cinnamon sticks."