Holiday Fig Torte Recipe
- 30 to 35 Fig Newton cookies (about 1 pound)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Red and green maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1. Cover the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with cookies. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; spread over cookies.
- 2. Toss bananas with lemon juice; arrange over the cream cheese layer. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for two minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 3. Fold in half of the whipped topping; spread over bananas. Spread remaining topping over pudding layer. Sprinkle with pecans. Decorate with cherries. Cover and chill overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 354 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Fig Torte
"My DH loves Fig Newton cookies, so when I read this recipe I knew I had to try it. I can't believe that it was over fourteen years ago that I made it for the first time. Thanks to the original submitter, I am famous in my family for making this dessert."