Holiday Fig Torte Recipe
- 30 to 35 Fig Newton cookies (about 1 pound)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Red and green maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1. Cover the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with cookies. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; spread over cookies.
- 2. Toss bananas with lemon juice; arrange over the cream cheese layer. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for two minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 3. Fold in half of the whipped topping; spread over bananas. Spread remaining topping over pudding layer. Sprinkle with pecans. Decorate with cherries. Cover and chill overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 354 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Holiday Fig Torte
"My DH loves Fig Newton cookies, so when I read this recipe I knew I had to try it. I can't believe that it was over fourteen years ago that I made it for the first time. Thanks to the original submitter, I am famous in my family for making this dessert."